Forums

Home Forums Miscellaneous Firmware TORONTO-N v1.26 problems

Firmware TORONTO-N v1.26 problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mizarcs
    Participant

Hi all,
    since the update I can’t update the time of the router, and no timezone are any more available to select.
    The “check for update” button returns a std HTML page like that:
    {“status”:”success”,”upgrade_status”:{“status”:”no-upgrade”,”last”:”v1.25.2″},”message”:””}
    Before updating I made a backup as sugested but the restore didn’t anything I had to setup Wi-Fi again manually.
    Can I rollback to the preview version?
    regards

support
    Keymaster

@mizarcs Let’s start from a clean state.

1. Reset the router: with router powered on, press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds then release.
    2. After the router reboots, connect a PC to the router and load http://192.168.10.1
    3. You’ll be asked to do initial setup.
    4. Can you select time zone during initial setup?
    5. After initial setup, log in and load the System Settings page. Can you select time zone?
    mizarcs
    Participant

Hi all,
    all worked almost fine.
    The router is ok after reset but the only think I have to remark is the restore that didn’t work 100%.
    It didn’t restore some Wi-Fi settings (SSID, channel and passphrase).
    Thank a lot for the support.
    Regards

support
    Keymaster

@mizarcs Thanks for the update. Version v1.26 is not compatible with previous backups. You need to create a new backup after upgrade.

erini
    Participant

I just flashed my router with this firmware version and the SSID changed to pcwrt and it will not let me change it back! I also try and change it back to encryption for WiFi security and it doesn’t let me save that setting either! Now all I have is an open connection. I also lost all my parental control settings. This firmware is buggy!

support
    Keymaster

@erini Please reset the router and do initial setup.

After initial setup, restore settings from the System page – make sure to restore access control only. Adjust other settings manually (e.g., dynamic DNS, port forwardings, etc).

Finally, save a new backup.

erini
    Participant

Yes going through entire setup again from scratch was the only thing that worked to get everything functioning. I still don’t understand why this update is not smooth like others in the past.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.