Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Remote Management

Remote Management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mbrink44
    Participant

Hi.
    I decided to give remote management another try. When enabling it, I notice my pcwrt.com password under cloud setting defaults to my new router admin password and it will not authenticate to pcwrt.com, thus I need to change it to my original pcwrt.com password for it to enable remote management. It enables, and I have to use the pcwrt.com password to enable via a web browser. I am able to get in via the web browser, but get a “failed to retrieve data” once I click manage or any other feature like settings, apps, etc. I’ve tried this on multiple devices. Connected on my LAN as well as via cell service to rule out my main home router. Please let me know what else to try.

Thanks
    Mark

support
    Keymaster

Your browser remembered the router password and was populating all password fields in all pages with the same password. Are you using Chrome?

If the pcWRT router is behind another router, then you need to put the pcWRT in the DMZ of the other router, or set up port forwarding as described in this post: How to remote control the pcWRT router

aaronwilliams
    Participant

i think i am having this issue – how do i get chrome to stop saving the password fields?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.