How to setup IPVanish OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download OpenVPN configuration files
Log in to your IPVanish account. Click on the Server List link, then click on OpenVPN to download the
.ovpn configuration files. It’ll be a zip file, you need to extract the .
Add an IPVanish OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the OpenVPN page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable IPVanish OpenVPN for, then click the Add button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select one of the .ovpn file you downloaded above
- Enter your IPVanish username and password
- Click “Submit”
- In the “Add VPN Certificates” popup, select the “ca.ipvanish.com.crt” file (it’s contained in the zip file you downloaded above)
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start an IPVanish OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the IPVanish OpenVPN connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.