Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting I am having some severe trouble with my PCWRT dual band router Reply To: I am having some severe trouble with my PCWRT dual band router

Reply To: I am having some severe trouble with my PCWRT dual band router

bjensen2
Participant

I had to return the gigabit switch. I found that the PCWRT router was still dropping connections every 30-60 minutes even with the additional device between it and the modem anyway. I can’t really wait to get this settled as I need to be able to work from home, so I bought a gigabit router and restructured my home network a bit.

At present I have the gigabit router handling NAT off the cable modem. The gigabit router has only two devices connected to it. The first is the old Linksys device which I reconfigured as a wireless access point and it serves a wireless network that I use only for my work PC. The second is the PCWRT router providing a separate wireless network that is used by all non-work devices. I can hold a VPN connection all day this way, and other members of the household are more or less OK, although they’re still telling me that they get “kicked off” periodically.

So – a couple of questions:

1. If I obtain a replacement router from you, how will it differ from the one that I already have?
2. Is there a way to configure the PCWRT router as a wireless access point, that is, as a bridge only that does not perform routing, just extends the LAN created by the gigabit router?

Thanks!