Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Items not displayed under Connected Devices

Items not displayed under Connected Devices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    moonrace
    Participant

Using a newifi-D2 with f/w v2.5.3.

For my IoT devices, I configured a second 2.4GHz SSID on the Guest VLAN. (only the IoT devices are on the Guest VLAN). This wifi connection is up as indicated/reported by the connected devices. However, none of the IoT devices are displayed (VLAN address or MAC) on the Status page Connected Devices, the Access Control/View Logs or the Bandwidth Monitor. What might I be doing wrong or are wifi devices not on the LAN omitted from these displays? I deleted this 2nd SSID and recreated it on the X1 VLAN. Unfortunately, same problem. I then thought perhaps I needed to add a profile to the Access Control, but the IoT devices connected to this 2nd SSID are not listed either under the Add Device List for the profile setup.

Thank you for your assistance!

support
    Keymaster

Do you mean, when an IoT device is connected to the LAN, it is displayed in the “Connected Devices” list, but when the same device is connected to the Guest or X1 VLAN it is no longer listed under “Connected Devices”?

moonrace
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. Since IoT devices tend to be less secure, they have not been/are not on the LAN. My main PC (hard wired to port 1) along with other 2.4GHz devices (using different SSID from the IoT) are on the LAN and do display correctly. I also have a wireless access point hard wired to port 3 configured on VLAN X3 and this WAP along with wireless devices connected to the WAP all display correctly.

support
    Keymaster

The router should display all connected devices no matter which VLAN they are connected to. Are you sure the IoT devices are successfully connected to the router?

moonrace
    Participant

The error was on my end. All connected devices are now displaying correctly – woohoo! The Guest Wifi on my gateway had not turned off with the gateway in bridge mode. I had turned off the 2.4 and 5GHz radios, but failed to turn off Guest. The IoT devices had stayed connected to the gateway. No wonder the pcwrt did not display the IoTs.

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.