Forums

Home Forums Miscellaneous Out of Stock??

Out of Stock??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SpazDude
    Participant

I’m super excited about your product. I’ve been working for years to try and provide the filters that your product appears to provide, and a colleague at work who owns your product said he’s thrilled. My old router (running DD-WRT) died last week. I tried to order one today, but it is out of stock. When will they be available again? Even better, how soon will I be able to purchase the new version.
    Alternately, could I purchase some other compatible hardware somewhere else and purchase your firmware?

support
    Keymaster

Thank you for your enthusiasm about our product! It’s our pleasure to provide a product that users love!

Stock is being replenished. The router will be available again in a couple of days. We are working on the gigabit 11ac router, we are targeting to make it available in Q1 this year.

Currently our firmware only works on the our own hardware. We don’t have the resources to support multiple hardware platforms. However, we won’t rule out the possibility in the future when we gain more customers and have the resources to expand.

Lanman666
    Participant

Is there any way I can purchase a unit in Canada?

support
    Keymaster

Right now, no. But thanks for bringing this up. We’ll see what we can do and update this thread in a few days.

wwarner
    Participant

Has it been out of stock for a month? Is there any chance they will be available in the week?

support
    Keymaster

@wwarner It’s out of stock yesterday. Replenishment is on the way and will be available later this week.

wwarner
    Participant

Good. I’m going to give it a try. I’ve got a 1900AC router now I want to plug in to it as an access point. I’m currently trying Webcurfew, but the Timed filters aren’t actually switching over at the right times, or they are acting unpredictably. I need something I can depend on that will block websites at the times of the day I want, and I like that there isn’t a subscription. My trial ends Sunday. If pcwrt is in stock by Fri I will buy it, or else I’ll try Easy Tomato.

wwarner
    Participant

I’m just worried the pc-wrt unit will slow down my internet too much. I’m paying my isp for 50 mb/s right now, and I sure don’t want it slowed to 30/mbs. I hope it works out.

support
    Keymaster

The current version of pcWRT maxes at 50Mbps with parental control on. Without parental control, the max is 100Mbps.

So if all devices in your house go through parental control, you probably won’t reach your ISP’s full potential. If you put kids devices under parental control but disable parental control for your own devices, you can enjoy the full speed, while kids are limited under 50Mbps.

support
    Keymaster

@Lanman666 Sorry for the late update. It’s been more than a few days! We turned on global shipping in Amazon, but still they won’t ship to Canada. There are some limitations based on product category, which is beyond our comprehension at the moment. In the meanwhile, you might want to try some shipping companies, such as borderlinx.com, shipito.com, etc. These companies provide you a US address, which Amazon will ship to, and forward the package to your country.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.