Forums

Home Forums Parental Control PCWRT is hackable

PCWRT is hackable

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jasonlee106
    Participant

I recently learned that my kids were able to hack into PCWRT by placing a spacebar in the password field and pressing the Enter key and they were able to login into the administration web page. Can anyone else try this and see. Is there a firmware to fix this?

support
    Keymaster

@jasonlee106 This should not be possible. Did you try to log in with just a space? Did that work for you?

If you can log in, I’d suggest that you change the password in System Settings: click “Change Router Password” in the Administration section. After you change the password, try to log in again with a space bar. Let us know if that works.

jasonlee106
    Participant

Yes I am able to login with just a space. I even tried it with 2 spaces and 3 spaces and they all allowed me to login. I changed the password 3 times to a very strong alphanumeric password and I was still able to login with a space. I am also able to login with the newly changed password as well. This is not very secure as my kids were able to figure this out.

support
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for the feedback. We were able to reproduce this. A fix will be sent out by tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by support.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by support.
    bogboy
    Participant

fix?

support
    Keymaster

@bogboy Please send email to [email protected] if this is an urgent issue. If not, we have a major update coming in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

@bogboy Please download version v1.20, where this problem is fixed. The steps for upgrading is posted in Announcements. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.