Forums

Home Forums Announcements pcWRT now available on dual band gigabit router

pcWRT now available on dual band gigabit router

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    CaptainDad
    Participant

There is only a “Used-Like New” option right now, are there more of these on the way (https://smile.amazon.com/Archer-C7-pcWRT-SafeSearch-Management/dp/B01GLOKHAG/)? Has there been any progress on your own gigabit router?

support
    Keymaster

Yes, more are coming. Our own router should be available before the end of Feb.

rjager
    Participant

my other issue is i need to improve our homes streaming throughput. it seems when my daughters are streaming video simultaneously it jams up our wireless? should i be using the dual band and the airport as a repeater and have them all connect on the same SSID. am i losing anything by using the pcwrt just as a router?

support
    Keymaster

@rjager That’s a valid concern. If WiFi is the bottleneck, then switching to a dual band router will help. But make sure your devices can take advantage of the 5GHz band. In that case you can turn off the WiFi on the Airport and use the WiFi on the dual band.

rjager
    Participant

the devices are ipads, iphones and apple tv – how do i confirm that they can take advantage of the 5GHz band? Also can I still stream music to the airport because i use the rca jack connection to a receiver that distributes audio through the house. Can the airport be on the same network as the dual band gigabit router? please send me a link to what i should be purchasing. thanks.

support
    Keymaster

1. To take advantage of the 5Ghz band, your device hardware needs to be able to send and receive 5Ghz signal. Newer phones and tablets usually support 5Ghz. But check the Apple website or call Apple for your specific models to be sure. Not all devices need to have 5Ghz support, but you need to switch some from the 2.4Ghz band to alleviate the congestion.

2. You need to have the Airport on the same network as your streaming devices in order to stream to it. As suggested before, you need to configure it as an Access Point.

3. This is our current dual band offering: https://www.amazon.com/Archer-C7-pcWRT-SafeSearch-Management/dp/B01GLOKHAG/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=pcwrtcom-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=a2917b2d60d52a5652fb823a679b47c8&creativeASIN=B01GLOKHAG

rjager
    Participant

when will these be available again?

support
    Keymaster

Currently there are several used ones available – returns from customers who bought them thinking they were stock TP-Link routers. New ones will be available in a couple of weeks.

rayman6285
    Participant

Is there a list that I can be added to for notification of when the “new” non-TP-Link router will be available?

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by rayman6285.
    support
    Keymaster

@rayman6285 You can subscribe to the Announcement forum – click on the Announcements, there’ll be a subscribe link. Click the link to subscribe.

When we make an announcement, you’ll get notification by email.

ed
    Participant

I went to the amazon site https://www.amazon.com/Archer-C7-pcWRT-SafeSearch-Management/dp/B01GLOKHAG, from what I can see the product mentions no parent control or relation to pcWRT. am I visiting the wrong website or the original TP-LINK router take over the pcWRT version of it?

I already owned a pCWRT router, bought in 2016 January. Lately my son begins to complain he is kicked out of the Xbox game often. He and I performed a few tests, we found packet loss was high some time (11%) sometime and latency was high sometime too. The packet loss could be high even if we were 5 feet away. We did not see the problem if using Ethernet cable direct connection. The test was performed by utilizing a Xbox built in network statistics tool.

I guess the router hardware might have some problems, but I really like the parent control features. Long story short, my solution is to buy a newer hardware with the same parent control, that lead to the above link but it does not seem to be the product as no where pcWRT or parent control is mentioned on the page.

One more reason I like this special version Archer C7, it supports long range. I have a big house, my cable drop is at a far corner of the house. The current pCWRT can not reach a few rooms at the other end.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by ed.
    support
    Keymaster

@ed The link is wrong. We are working with Amazon to resolve this issue.

support
    Keymaster

@ed The Amazon issue is resolved.

skydogtookmycash
    Participant

oops, I’ve procrastinated too long, now I have 9 days before skydog stops working.

Had been waiting for new version to come out, but I don’t see it.

On Amazon the C7 for pcWRT router is now listed at $999 (ouch).

Need help on what to do ??

support
    Keymaster

We’ve been fighting this issue with Amazon for a week – the listing kept messing up. The price has been restored, and it looks OK for now, albeit without the product description details. We’ll add the descriptions back as things settle down.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.