Forums

Home Forums Parental Control xbox one NAT type not compatible with friends

xbox one NAT type not compatible with friends

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    atiyabham
    Participant

my son cannot play with his friend online because his Nat says strict and his friend’s says moderate. How do I fix this problem and make his Nat type moderate or open/ compatible?

Magicdancingblade
    Participant

Have you tried turning on upnp?

atiyabham
    Participant

yes that is turned on too!

atiyabham
    Participant

I also followed all the instruction you gave (topic-xboxlive) and disabled proxy,vpn,tor, added all the ip addresses but still no change in the nat mode

support
    Keymaster

Are they playing in the same room or each playing from their own homes?

atiyabham
    Participant

own homes

support
    Keymaster

One more question. Is the pcWRT connected to a modem directly or through a modem/router combo as those provided by AT&T uverse and FiOS?

atiyabham
    Participant

his xbox network statistics says- “your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT”
    NAT type- “strict”

atiyabham
    Participant

I am using a modem/router provided by at&t uverse(arris-NVG 510)

support
    Keymaster

You may want to set the pcWRT as a DMZ host in the Arris router. The option is usually available under the Firewall menu.

Some routers let you specify the DMZ host by MAC address. Others ask for an IP address. For the latter, you need to assign a static IP address to the pcWRT, then enter that IP address for the DMZ.

atiyabham
    Participant

I messed up trying to connect the pcwrt to the att/uverse router and i had no internet for 2 days until a technician came and put it all together including setting up the pcwrt router.Ever since i have been jumping loops and hurdles by reading ,learning and implementing along the way, to get all my devices connected the way i want with parental controls.

I have zero tech know how otherwise,but I am trying to complete this process! Therefore Can I ask you you to explain the above to me in a simple step by step process?

support
    Keymaster

Sure. Will create a post soon.

atiyabham
    Participant

Thank you. I will look forward to it.

I love the many options you have on this router to play around with by the way!(I have 2 teenage kids around) The more you know…the more you like! 🙂

support
    Keymaster
    atiyabham
    Participant

I followed all of the steps in the link provided above, yet the Xbox still have a NAT type of strict

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.