Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Access Control log vs Bandwidth log

Access Control log vs Bandwidth log

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    moonrace
    Participant

I’ve enabled access control on my smart TV and have set calendar access time for only certain hours daily. During the non-allowed hours there is no activity logged in the access control (internal) logs for the TV, as would be expected. However, in the bandwidth log, there is recorded downstream and upstream activity (in Mbytes). When I select a specific time period in either the down or up stream graphs, the related pie chart Does Not display any URL’s or IP addresses. (which would perhaps indicate no actual up/down activity)

BTW, during allowed hours, the bandwidth monitor shows correctly down and up stream activity a well as the pie charts for visited sites.

Is this normal or does the bandwidth log activity during the non-allowed hours indicate there is still down or up stream traffic in spite of the access control times in the calendar? Please clarify.

Thank you!

support
    Keymaster

The bandwidth monitor reports received and sent bytes to each device. When Internet access is blocked by a calendar, outbound communication is blocked. What you saw in the bandwidth monitor was the number of bytes received from the TV and number of bytes sent to the TV by the router (basically, the “block” page).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.