Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Allowing NATed IP's for games

Allowing NATed IP's for games

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sjado
    Participant

Hello all,

According to the portforwarding.com website, for a game like Modern Warfare 2, I need to open up a long list of ports (to be more specific: TCP 27014-27050 UDP 1500, 3005, 3101, 3478-4380, 27000-27030, 28960). I would think that the UPNP app would help with this, but unfortunately there is little information to be found about this app within the router. Could someone please let me know how I can still open up these ports without having to add them 1 by 1 on the port forwarding portion within the router?

support
    Keymaster

@Sjado There is a bug in the TORONTO-AC firmware (v1.22.3) for UPnP. We have a fix which is currently being tested and should be available in the next few days. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Thanks!

Sjado
    Participant

That’s great – looking forward to seeing it. However – is there some documentation I can read about the UPNP app within the router? I’m sure I can figure it out, but any documentation would be greatly appreciated.

support
    Keymaster

@Sjado UPnP should be working now with version v1.22.4, released a couple of days ago. You can enable UPnP with the default settings provided with the app. It should be pretty straightforward if you want to customize the settings. Let us know if you need help.

Sjado
    Participant

Thank you for fixing the functionality – but I would still like to read some documentation around this feature. I’m struggling to find out where to find any documentation to be honest. For instance, the Parental controls – for the calendar, the information I fill into the schedule – is that when Wifi will be available or when I want it turned off?
    It’s small little things like this that I’m unable to read up about.

support
    Keymaster

If you want to know how UPnP works in general, you might want to check up this Wikipedia page: Universal Plug and Play. As a user, there are three things you can control: what external ports are allowed, which internal IP addresses are allowed, and what internal ports are allowed. You almost always want to check the three checkboxes on the left for enhanced security – unless it breaks some application you really need working.

When you put a restriction in parental control, you block the user from visiting certain web sites. It doesn’t do anything to the WiFi. You still connect to the WiFi as usual, but you won’t be able to visit web sites when they are blocked. When you enter a calendar, your access to the Internet (or web sites listed in the calendar) is blocked outside the time range allowed by the calendar. Even though you are connected to the WiFi as usual.

Sjado
    Participant

Thank you. So for the calendar the times you put in place are the ALLOWED times not the DENIED times.

As for the UPNP functionality, can you explain why the following below doesnt work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvbbo8xojpemkhr/UPNP.jpg

Mind you – I’m trying to enable Discord (which seems to use a wide-range of UDP ports).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Sjado.
    support
    Keymaster

Yes, you enter ALLOWED times in calendar.

For UPnP, in the “Allowed Internal Addresses” box you should enter “192.168.11.167/32”. This field takes a range of addresses and you specify it in the CIDR format.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.