Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Auto Update Not Available

Auto Update Not Available

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imjhoskins
    Participant

After issues with the last update even after a reset, I have the message “Failed to retrieve upgrade status, please try again later.” I am currently on a prior version. Is it possible to get the latest through download to flash manually and, hopefully, fix this issue ans stay current?

support
    Keymaster

@imjhoskins You may try reset the router, then upgrade immediately after initial setup. Do not restore an old backup after upgrade.

Or, you may try to restore “Access Control” only after upgrade. Other settings from an old backup may be incompatible. Send email to [email protected] if you still have trouble. Thanks!

imjhoskins
    Participant

That worked. The only difference in my steps was to update before restoring the access control settings. Thanks!

davelrpcwrt
    Participant

Sorry ro revive old thread but,

Recently purchased your CF-XR10, v2.5.5
    Tried to check for updates (pretty normal to do on new equipment) and got this same message: “Failed to retrieve upgrade status, please try again later.”

so a couple of questions…

#1 – What exactly is this messsage trying to say? No new version is available, some mystical condition renders us not worthy? What?

#2 – “Do not restore an old backup after upgrade.” Excuse me, are you saying that a configuration backup file cannot be restored after a firmware upgrade? Are you guys kidding? The router must be manually reconfigured after an upgrade? If that’s not what you are saying please clarify exactly what you mean.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

#1 – This may happen when the update server can’t be reached for whatever reason. Please let us know if this problem persists.

#2 – Usually this is not a problem, but sometimes a firmware update is not compatible with a backup from a previous version. In this case, the update script will bring the configuration files on the router up-to-date with the current version. But restoring a backup from the older version will mess up the configurations. It is advised that you create a new backup after each upgrade. So keep two backup files on hand, one for the current firmware version, one for a previous version in case you want to roll back to the previous version.

davelrpcwrt
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification, I’d misread the intent of the backup comments.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.