Forums

Home Forums Parental Control Cannot use FaceTime and Messaging on Apple IPAD when Parental Controls are ON

Cannot use FaceTime and Messaging on Apple IPAD when Parental Controls are ON

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    erikrini
    Participant

How do I configure Parental Controls to allow FaceTime and Messaging for IPAD in my network? I do not want to disable my Parental Controls which appears to work nicely. Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

For the profile to which the iPad belongs, uncheck “Block proxy, VPN, TOR”. If you still have trouble, uncheck “Block literal IP addresses” also.

erikrini
    Participant

I already had block literal IP disabled to allow NetFlix to work and disabling the “bloxy proxy..” check box did not change the result.

support
    Keymaster

Are you using OpenDNS? Is the Chat category blocked by OpenDNS?

To diagnose the problem:
    1. Put the IPAD in a profile with parental control disabled first. Are you able to use FaceTime and Messaging?
    2. Turn on parental control for the profile. Turn off “block literal IP…”, “Block proxy…”, etc. Choose System Default for DNS. Are you able to use FaceTime and Messaging?
    3. Change DNS to OpenDNS and test again.

nightranger78
    Participant

I there any updates to this? I am having the same problems. With access control turned off, facetime work fine. Turn on access control and facetime partially works, some video, some audio, some freezing.

nightranger78
    Participant

To diagnose the problem:
    1. Put the IPAD in a profile with parental control disabled first. Are you able to use FaceTime and Messaging?
    —Yes Facetime works fine.

2. Turn on parental control for the profile. Turn off “block literal IP…”, “Block proxy…”, etc. Choose System Default for DNS. Are you able to use FaceTime and Messaging?

—-Facetime works, but is choppy, audio may work or not, the video may freeze.

3. Change DNS to OpenDNS and test again.

—-Its on OPENDNS, no change, still works like step #2

Suggestions to try next?

support
    Keymaster

@nightranger78 What’s your firmware version?

nightranger78
    Participant

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.