Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Can't log into luci

Can't log into luci

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BashDashovi
    Participant

I just upgraded to the Gigabit dual band router and everything is working great except I’m not able to log in using luci. 192.168.10.1/cgi-bin/luci and I get a log in prompt, but after entering the password, the log in screen just loads again. I can log into the PCWRT interface just fine with the same password.

Has luci been disabled in the latest build or do I need to set a password for luci separately?

support
    Keymaster

Luci has been removed in the latest update. Do you have any specific needs for Luci?

BashDashovi
    Participant

I find it easier to do some advanced settings than adding firewall rules via uci commands. My network is a little non-standard in that my router and a few other machines are behind a cable modem, and most of the rest of the devices are behind the router. So I needed to poke a hole through the firewall to allow access to the WAN. I realize most people wouldn’t need to do this and there are other ways to make the changes, but I prefer LUCI.

support
    Keymaster

@BashDashovi When you say poke a hole for WAN access, do you mean port forwarding?

BashDashovi
    Participant

I’m not sure if what I did qualifies as port forwarding, I’m allowing tcp on port 80 from the WAN so that I can configure the router from its WAN (all still in my home’s LAN).

Here are the commands I ran after sshing in:

(NOTE: For those who come across this: DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! This creates a huge security hole in most circumstances!)
    uci add firewall rule
    uci set firewall.@rule[-1].src=wan
    uci set firewall.@rule[-1].target=ACCEPT
    uci set firewall.@rule[-1].proto=tcp
    uci set firewall.@rule[-1].dest_port=80
    uci commit firewall
    /etc/init.d/firewall restart

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by BashDashovi.
    support
    Keymaster

You can set this up by creating a port forwarding rule on the Network Settings page. Select the router for Internal Address.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.