Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Can’t login to pcWRT Newifi-D2

Can’t login to pcWRT Newifi-D2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tombacca
    Participant

Hello! I’m not sure what is going on. I can’t connect to my new router to set it up. I thought I was logged in
    at one point, but it always logged me out. I tried to reset it, but I don’t know how to do that. I held down
    the reset button for a while and let go but nothing happened. The blue led just blinks. Also, the instructions
    say to use 192.168.10.1 to access it, but the bottom of the routersays 192.168.0.1. I know that was a lot of
    stuff, but I don’t even know where to begin. I’m not a novice, but for some reason, I am just having bad luck
    with this setup. -Thanks! Tom

support
    Keymaster

A few seconds after you power on the router, the POWER LED will start to blink. Wait for a couple of minutes. The POWER LED will stop blinking and light up steady. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi LEDs will be on too.

Connect a computer to a LAN port on the router by Ethernet cable. The computer should get an IP address in the 192.168.10.x range.

tombacca
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to help! I did what you said. I plugged the router back in to the power and waited for the blue power led to stop blinking. The blue led did go solid, but for only about 20 seconds, then it would blink rapidly for another 20 seconds. It repeats this pattern all the time. The led never goes solid for a long time. Also, I did not see any leds go on for the 2.4 and 5ghz. Also, I did not get an ip address on my laptop. I just got an autoconfiguration 169.254.63.226 address. I have the laptop ethernet adapter set for DHCP. I have an ethernet cable coming out of my laptap directly into one of the yellow ports on the router.

support
    Keymaster

When did this start happening? Was it after some changes on the router?

tombacca
    Participant

It happened recently. I tried to reset the router because I couldn’t connect to it, and I couldn’t remember my credentials. I’m not even sure if I reset it because I don’t know the procedure. I tried to reset it with the reset button by holding it down a while. I hope I didn’t brick it by trying to reset it. I’ve never put this router in production. I was busy and never had the time to mess around with it, but recently I decided to set it up. I was able to login to it when I first got it, but it was just that one time.

support
    Keymaster

Please try the following steps. Let us know it works or not.
    1. Power on the router. Once you see the POWER LED stops blinking, press and hold the RESET button (next to the power plug).
    2. After about 5-6 seconds, the POWER LED will start to blink fast. When you see that, release the RESET button.
    3. The router will reset itself and reboot (hopefully).

tombacca
    Participant

This is what I did….. I powered on the router. The blue led started out by being on and not blinking. I waiting until the blue led started to flash then I waited for the blue led to go steady, which it did, then I hit the reset button and kept it pushed in. After about 5 seconds or so, the power led started blinking, but also the internet led and the two wifi leds were also blinking in unison. When they all started blinking, I let the reset button go and then all four leds stopped blinking and stayed solid. They never blinked again. 10 minutes later, all four leds are still on, no blinking. If the router decided to reboot, how would I know? Thanks for the help!

support
    Keymaster

@tombacca Can you send a video to [email protected]?

tombacca
    Participant

I will do that. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.