Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting CF-XR10 stuck at 100mbps

CF-XR10 stuck at 100mbps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    celloitalia
    Participant

I have an internet connection of 1000mbps, and when connecting to my CF-XR10 on any port, it limits my speed to 100mbps. When connecting to my old router or directly to the modem, I get 1000mbps or close too. I have tried switching out cables, using different ports, and setting my NIC settings to 1.0 Gbps Full duplex on speed & Duplex. I am not sure what is going on. Any help would be great.

support
    Keymaster

Internet (ISP) must be connected to the port closest to the RESET button (looking at the back of the router, the fourth port counting from left to right). The other three ports are LAN ports. Is that how you connected the router?

celloitalia
    Participant

Yes, that is how it was connected. Modem connected to WAN port (closest to reset button) cat 5e and cat 6 cables tested in the other 3 ports to 2 different pcs.

support
    Keymaster

@celloitalia What’s your ISP? AT&T fiber?

celloitalia
    Participant

Spectrum (cable)

support
    Keymaster

Can you connect to each of the Ethernet ports on the router and check the link speed?

If you are using a Windows PC, connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to the router, then check the link speed in the “Network Connections” dialog.

Ethernet Link Speed

celloitalia
    Participant

The link speed is 1.0Gbps, and I also tried to set it from Auto Negotiate to 1.0Gbps Full Duplex in advanced properties.

support
    Keymaster

Please leave the interface on Auto Negotiate.

Did you test the WAN port too? Did it display 1Gbps? Your computer won’t get an IP address when directly connected to the WAN port, but it will display the link speed nonetheless.

Please also run this test: connect your old router to the modem, then connect the XR10 WAN to a LAN port on your old router. Connect your computer to the XR10 and run a speed test.

Also, what’s the model of your modem?

celloitalia
    Participant

Sorry for the late(year) response but when connected to the WAN it only shows a speed of 100/100Mbps. It seems the WAN port is limited to 100Mbps. While connecting my XR-10 to my old router via LANport it runs at 1000Mbps.

support
    Keymaster

Where did you see the 100Mbps? How was the router connected when you saw that?

celloitalia
    Participant

Modem > old router(WAN port)
    old router(Lan port) > XR-10 (WAN port)
    (IF CONNECTING OVER wifi 5ghz to XR-10, 866/866 link speed(shown in windows settings ethernet properties or control panel > network > SSID, in this setup but limited to 20-50mbps on speedtest))

XR-10 (LAN port) > computer (eth)
    (link speed 1000/1000 Mbps or 1.0Gbps depending where you look, limited to 50-100mbps on speed test)

XR-10 (WAN port) > Computer (eth)
    (link speed 100/100 Mbps, or 100.0 Mbps depending where you look)

support
    Keymaster

Please send a screenshot for the last scenario to [email protected]. We’ll look into it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.