Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Cleanbrowing Android App not working with router

Cleanbrowing Android App not working with router

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tcannon777
    Participant

I am having issues with my android phone being able to utilize the wifi with our pcwrt router. The android device is using the cleanbrowing android app which essentially forces the cleanbrowsing VPN so that the mobile device can be protected while using wifi or mobile network. The issue is I cannot resolve any website on the android device. I have tried creating a unique profile for the android device in the pcwrt app admin and making the default DNS “system” with no other settings enabled. Unfortunately, that hasn’t worked. The only successful way I have gotten it to work is not enabling parental controls on the router and that obviously will not be a viable solution. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

support
    Keymaster

Is all Internet traffic blocked, not just specific sites?

If you turn off Access Control for the profile, in theory the router should not interfere with the VPN on the device. Can you try switching the profile DNS to a non-filtering DNS such as Google or Cloudflare?

As a test, you may even enforce Access Control, but leave out block proxy, block VPN/TOR etc. You should have Internet access. If you don’t, you can check the Internet access logs to see what’s being blocked.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.