Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Connection Issues – Archer C7 1.22.2

Connection Issues – Archer C7 1.22.2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CaptainDad
    Participant

I have the Archer C7 with the latest firmware (1.22.2). I added it to my pcWRT account but am never able to access the remote management functionality. I have tried from my work computer and phone (using cellular data), but always receive the “Oops! Failed to retrieve data” message box.

Also, the WiFi seems to lock up or something about every 2 weeks. My WiFi connected devices suddenly start prompting for the WiFi password, but they never connect when I enter it. If I reboot the router, they all connect without having to enter the WiFi password and everything works fine (after I unplug the cable modem cable and plug it back in…so the pcWRT router retrieves a WAN IP address). Prior to the firmware update, the pcWRT router ran for several weeks (more than 2) without an issue (other than the WAN IP address issue after reboot).

Is there any logging I could review to troubleshoot this? Or is there any logging I could send you guys to review?

support
    Keymaster

About remote management, does the pcWRT router have a public IP address? If you are not sure, please send a screenshot of the Status page to [email protected].

There are no WiFi related changes in v1.22.2, so in theory there shouldn’t be any changes to WiFi behavior. Is WiFi channel on Auto? If so, you might want to select a specific channel where WiFi interference is the least and see if that makes things better. You can download a WiFi analyzer app on your phone to find out which channel is the best.

If you are familiar with command line tools, you can ssh into the router to look at the system log and do other things. Use the command ‘logread’ to see the system logs.

CaptainDad
    Participant

I was able to access the remote management site last night, but can’t this morning. I verified that DNS-O-Matic has the current external IP. It checked in last at 3am (Central Time).

I will check the wifi channel today and adjust it, and can ssh into it to see if the logs show anything.

Thanks for the replies and info!

support
    Keymaster

@CaptainDad Since the router has a public IP address, you don’t need to do port forwarding etc. to make remote management work. In order to debug the problem, please send email to [email protected] so that we can gather more info. Thanks!

CaptainDad
    Participant

I believe my issues with remote management are tied to the IP acquisition after rebooting the router. After I login to the router, go to Settings – Cloud and click Update, I am able to access the remote management interface.

The WiFi issue seems to be isolated to the 2.4 Ghz radio. When it “locks up” I can still attempt to connect, but it never accepts my passkey when I am positive I am entering it correctly. I am able to connect to the 5 Ghz radio, though, and can connect to another wireless access point in my network. I am still able to access the Internet with the pcWRT router as the main access point. I verified that the wireless channels are not overlapping.

Any headway with the IP acquisition?

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional info. We’ll see if we can reproduce and fix the problems you are having.

The IP acquisition fix will come in the next update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.