Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Disappearing networks

Disappearing networks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    y1kfwg2b
    Participant

Hello, I am running pcWRT Newifi-D2 v2.5.3, and I was running pcWRT Newifi-D2 v2.5.1. The same issue appears in both versions.

My 2.4 LAN network constantly appears and dissappears. Like the router is shutting it down every minute or so and turning it back on. I can see it the SSID in a list of networks on my phone, and then a minute later I can’t see it in the list of networks. I am sitting right next to my router, there is no physical interference.

But other devices can see the SSID. My laptop for example can see and connect to the SSID. But a TV a room away can’t. I’m not sure what the difference is between these devices that cause the SSID to be stable in some cases and not others. I am not running any VPN, I do not have any special Access Control settings.

y1kfwg2b
    Participant

My 5.0 networks are stable, they remain equally visible to all of my devices. I have one on LAN and X1. It’s only my LAN 2.4 that is weird

support
    Keymaster

To recap, your phone displays the 2.4 GHz SSID sometimes and your TV doesn’t display the 2.4 GHz SSID at all? But other devices can see the 2.4 GHz SSID all the time?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.