Forums

Home Forums General Configuration DMZ with Linksys

DMZ with Linksys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dadmin
    Participant

I have the pcwrt for wireless, connected to a linksys 4200 with wifi off. I set the pcwrt MAC as a DMZ host on the 4200 for online gaming for a Wii U wirelessly connected to the pcwrt. Pcwrt UPnP is on. It’s not working though. The Wii U can’t connect to the gaming server and the pcwrt status page still shows the Internet IP address assigned by the 4200 instead of an external one. Please advise.

support
    Keymaster

Usually the DMZ host will still have an internal address, but will be reachable from the outside with the IP address of the router (the Linksys in your case).

How is your Linksys connected to the Internet? Via another router or directly to a modem?

dadmin
    Participant

Directly to the modem.

support
    Keymaster

Right now too many factors can break the Wii. I would suggest that you start from the least restrictive setup and work backwards. Such as:

1. Connect the pcWRT to the modem directly, with UPnP enabled. Turn off parental control on the pcWRT at the router level. Does Wii work?

2. If Wii works, turn on parental control. Does Wii still work?

If both the above works, then move the pcWRT behind the Linksys and try the DMZ configuration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.