Forums

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Email Notification of Changes

Email Notification of Changes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    klawncare1239
    Participant

It would be terrific if the pcWRT router had the option to enter one or more email addresses that would receive a notification anytime a change was made to the parental control router settings (and possibly even a brief notation of what the change was.

Would be useful to individuals who want to keep themselves away from inappropriate content and would like to have an accountability partner notified if ever their settings are adjusted.

support
    Keymaster

Great suggestion! One question though. Currently the router has only one password, whoever changes the parental control settings will also be able to remove any notification settings. Seems like we need to support multiple passwords first, right?

klawncare1239
    Participant

Yes, that would seem like a good idea. Or, simply make sure that the router notifies of not only changes to the parental controls, but also changes to the notification settings.

In other words, the notification settings could be changed, but, upon submission of the changes, the router would send a notification email to the previously saved email address.

I would think, if this could be done, then maybe multiple passwords would not be necessary.

I suggest this possibility mainly because I am the admin of our home network. My wife doesn’t have any expertise and really doesn’t want to know anything about it. However, as you might have guessed, I am also the one wanting to keep myself from the inappropriate content. So, I need to be able to make adjustments to the parental controls from time to time to improve how it’s working for various individuals in the house. But, at the same time, once I’ve got restrictions set, I need to make sure my wife is at least notified whenever I make a change so that she can drill me about it.

klawncare1239
    Participant

Any more movement on this topic? For those of us guys who happen to be the “IT department” of our home, but also happen to need filtering of our own internet content, this feature is sort of a must have.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for following up on this topic. That’s a good suggestion, and we’ll make it available. Currently we are busy with the remote control feature. Should be able to work this in after that.

support
    Keymaster

@klawncare1239 We added this feature with version v1.22.4. Please upgrade and try it out. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.