Forums

Home Forums General Configuration enable WiFi client isolation vs unchecked “*diagonal box”

enable WiFi client isolation vs unchecked “*diagonal box”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ARugger
    Participant

excluding ethernet connected devices, what is the difference between the two (*VLAN source/device table diagonal box)? They appear to perform the same function (I am probably wrong).

one more: the router is labeled, when directly looking at the router ports (the WAN port from left to right, is last), from left to right, 4-1. The UI VLAN source/device table is arranged the opposite (left to right, 1-4). does this matter, that is, port 4 is port 4?

I just set up the Newifi (wifi enabled) “behind” an Orbi router/satallites (router mode). Super happy I figured out how to configure it, as I am extremely inexperience with such things. It is exactly what I was hoping to do. Great product for me.

support
    Keymaster

The preferred way is to use the check boxes on the Network Settings page. The checkbox on the WiFi Settings page isolates clients connected to the same SSID but not clients on the same VLAN but different WiFi bands or clients connected by wire.

The ports are numbered 1-4 from left to right when you look at the back of the router, irrespective of the labels on the box. I.e., the port next to WAN is port 4.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.