Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting error when updating "oops something weird happened"

error when updating "oops something weird happened"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bigbluesky5151
    Participant

Hi, I’m getting this generic error “oops, something weird happened” whenever I try to upgrade to v2.5.2 (it was happening on v2.5.1 as well). Currently on v2.4.8. Afterwards it requires a physical powercycle to log back in. The pcWRT itself seems to be working fine otherwise, just can’t use the auto update feature. Is there a manual update file I can use?

support
    Keymaster

Did you get the message when you click on “Check for Updates” or when you click the “Upgrade” button after that? What’s your hardware model?

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

Hardware model: AC Toronto

Under System>Flash New Firmware>Auto Update (Radio)> [Click] “Check for Updates”;
    “A new firmware updates is available (v2.5.2). Upgrade now?”? > [Click] “Upgrade”;
    A progress bar appears showing “0%”. In about 20 seconds, that view closes and a message appears “Oops! Something weird happened!”.
    [Click] “Ok”;
    Any additional action: “This site can’t be reached”
    [Power recycle]

support
    Keymaster

Anything changed for your browser since your last update to v2.4.8? Can you try a different browser?

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

I had tried Firefox, Google Chrome and IE (all failed), but since you brought it up above, I figured I’d try Edge as well just to cover the bases. Sure enough, MSFT Edge worked. Thanks for your help!

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

After successfully using Edge to get to v2.5.2, same error as above occurs on all five major browsers (added Safari for good measure) when attempting auto update to v2.5.3. Any other thoughts I could troubleshoot?

support
    Keymaster

@bigbluesky5151 Are you running any plugins with the browsers?

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

of the five I’ve tried, the only one that had any plugins was Firefox. So its an (almost) no.

support
    Keymaster

Are there any firewalls or proxies on the computer or in front of the router?

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

none. Prior updates were successful. No changes in environment since last update.

support
    Keymaster

Can you open up the “Web Developer Tools” dialog and check what’s reported under the “Network” tab? The shortcut for the Developer Tool is usually Ctrl+Shift+I. You can access it from the browser menus too.

Navigate to the router System Settings page, then open the Developer Tools dialog. Switch to the Developer Tools Network tab.

Click on the “Check for Update” button on the System Settings page, then click on “Upgrade”. There will be a bunch of “sync_time” GET requests and two POST requests. Please send screenshots of the responses to the two POST requests to [email protected].

Switch to the Developer Tools Console tab. Do you see any errors reported there?

bigbluesky5151
    Participant

Screen shots sent to [email protected]. No errors reported on the Console Tab.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.