Forums

Home Forums Device Setup (printers, IP phones etc.) Google Cloud Print

Google Cloud Print

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Solus
    Participant

Hi,

After I updated my firmware to the newest version last week, my Google Cloud Print service has had trouble connecting to my HP Laserjet printer. The Google Cloud Print site always reports the printer as being offline, even though I can print normally to the printer from other computers directly connected to the router (wirelessly or wired). I tried deleting the printer and re-registering it. I could register the printer normally and the printer even prints a confirmation that it is connected to the GCP service, but it still reports as being offline. Help!

support
    Keymaster

Was GCP working before the upgrade? Do you remember the version number before you upgraded?

You may want to set up a dedicated profile for the HP Laserjet, and turn off parental control for that profile. Please let us know if that solves the problem.

Solus
    Participant

Yes, the GCP was working before the upgrade. I already added the printer to a parental control group that has parental controls turned off and the DNS set to Google. Still shows up as offline. Any other suggestions for what I could try?

Thanks for the feedback!

support
    Keymaster

@Solus This problem may be unrelated to the upgrade. There was a recent update in XMPP (which is used by GCP) by Google. Can you check to see if there’s an updated firmware version for the HP printer?

Solus
    Participant

I updated the firmware and i can see the printer again. That must have been it. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.