Forums

Home Forums Parental Control Google Drive Sync Using Insynch (Linux)

Google Drive Sync Using Insynch (Linux)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    imjhoskins
    Participant

Synching does not occur for Google Drive with Parental Controls enabled. When disabled, everything immediately synchs. Is there a setting or domain I need to allow? The error is with validating the certificate with googleapis.com. I whitelisted it to make sure but no change.

support
    Keymaster

Do you need parental control for the Linux box? If not, you can create another profile and assign the Linux box to the profile. Then disable parental control for that profile.

imjhoskins
    Participant

I do want parental control. Everything is set how I’d like but the Google Drive syncing doesn’t work.

support
    Keymaster

Do you have other options configured for the profile? E.g., calendars or blacklists for Google domains, YouTube etc.?

imjhoskins
    Participant

calendars no
    blacklists none
    YouTube moderate
    Whitelist google.com, insynch.com

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional information. We’ll do some testing and get back to you.

support
    Keymaster

@imjhoskins We were not able to reproduce the problem with these options turned on for the profile:
    1. Enable parental control
    2. Safe search
    3. URL filter mode: Black List
    4. YouTube restricted mode: moderate
    5. Blocked URLs: empty
    6. Allowed URLs: google.com, insynch.com
    7. No calendar

Can you check your profile options and see if we got everything covered?

imjhoskins
    Participant

Are there no logs on the router to review? I backed everything out 1 by 1 and no change until I disabled parental control.

support
    Keymaster

There’s no logging at present. It will be added in an upcoming update.

In the meanwhile, can you do another test?

1. Backup your current configuration.
    2. Delete all profiles, leaving Default only.
    3. Delete all parental control options for the Default profile, but enable parental control.
    4. Does insync work?

imjhoskins
    Participant

I think it may have to do with needing to specify the proxy credentials for the parental controls. I tried entering the ID/Password I use but it continues to prompt for a password. Is there a system specific password for the parental control proxy?

support
    Keymaster

You should not need to provide proxy id/password, unless you enabled the authenticating proxy and configured your browser to use it. In that case, use the id/password you created for the authenticating proxy (create one if you haven’t done so).

imjhoskins
    Participant

One interesting thing is a router reboot fixes the issue…at least temporarily. I’ll see how long this last.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.