Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Help with STEAM

Help with STEAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mcpheex3
    Participant

Hi,
    My son plays his games through STEAM. I just noticed he was online when he isn’t supposed to be. I asked him how. Apparently he can access STEAM all the time, even during blocked times. How come? And how can I fix that?
    Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Internet access should have been blocked during blocked time periods. However, if he already has a STEAM session and the game is already on the computer, he probably doesn’t need Internet access to continue playing.

You can check whether Internet is indeed blocked by putting another device in the same profile and try to access steampowered.com from that device. Unfortunately, there’s no way to block game playing from a network device (such as a router) when the game can be played without Internet access. Another example of this is Minecraft, which some parental control device vendors falsely claim that they can block.

mcpheex3
    Participant

Thank you for your response. He can actually get online to Steam as he is able to communicate with other players at various locations. So there has to be an internet connection for this to happen, right?

mcpheex3
    Participant

Hmmm… I just put my cell phone into that profile and it does not allow me access so somehow the little brat is lying to me…

mcpheex3
    Participant

OK, he’s not lying. I looked at his computer. It says he is connected to the pcWRT router. But he can’t access other sites on the internet, nor can he access the STEAM shop. However, he can still connect to the Steam server and play games and talk to his friends. How is this possible?

support
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for the update! As it turned out, there is a bug in time control for apps like STEAM. Please give us a few days to fix this issue. We’ll release an update as soon as the fix is ready.

mcpheex3
    Participant

OK, thank you. At least now, I know it wasn’t something I was doing wrong.

support
    Keymaster

@mcpheex3 Update v1.21.2 is now available. We think we fixed the STEAM issue. Please check.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.