Forums

Home Forums Parental Control How to block whitelist Google Drive but still block youtube.com

How to block whitelist Google Drive but still block youtube.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    edrouterhome
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve setup a whitelist for Google drive by allowing “google.com”. However, it doesn’t allow access to folders and docs because I think youtube.com is part of the authentication chain and I’ve blocked youtube.com as on certain schedules I don’t want family to access Youtube.

Once I whitelist youtube.com, I can access all of the folders, etc. on Google Drive.

How do I enable full access to drive.google.com while still blocking youtube.com?

support
    Keymaster

You may try to whitelist accounts.youtube.com, or set a less restrictive calendar for it.

edrouterhome
    Participant

allowing accounts.youtube.com still allowed youtube.com to be viewed

support
    Keymaster

From your current configuration, take away accounts.youtube.com only. Is YouTube blocked?

edrouterhome
    Participant

THat’s what I did and we still can get youtube.com videos during that time when it is supposed to be blocked

support
    Keymaster

@edrouterhome You are right. We’ll see if we can make this work with the next update. Thanks for your feedback!

edrouterhome
    Participant

Thanks. Please let me know when it is fixed. Do I have to download fix to router or does it auto-update?

Also, have you used wireshark or some other tool to sniff URLs called when people access Youtube to watch videos and also the URLs accessed when trying to access drive.google.com. Maybe then there is a URL pattern that can be used for blocklist and whitelist. Maybe that’s what you are planning to address in next release. Thanks

Billybob
    Participant

Hello, was the fix ever implemented? Is there a way to block YouTube and allow google drive now?

support
    Keymaster

Yes. You can block youtube.com and white list accounts.youtube.com.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.