My laptop connects easily to either the 2g or 5g SSID, but I can watch the slow data speed as my laptop and phones putter around after I click on a link or navigate websites. I tried Spectrum’s speed test and Fast.com speed test and both have been showing me a data speed MAX of 48 Mbps on my laptop and 36 on both of my phones using wifi.
Access control for both SSID’s is disabled. I changed channel width from 20 Mhz to 40 Mhz based on an older post in here, but got same results on speed tests.
I have not messed with anything else on the menus so I am hoping that perhaps there is a small detail in one of the menus that I may need to change. I don’t know enough about routers to jump in and simply start changing everything.
My previous router consistently showed in the area of 300 Mbps and I have made no changes to my laptop or phone settings. Seems like something in the router settings.