Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Laptop going no higher than 48 Mbps, Phones 36 Mbps.

Laptop going no higher than 48 Mbps, Phones 36 Mbps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin
    Participant

My laptop connects easily to either the 2g or 5g SSID, but I can watch the slow data speed as my laptop and phones putter around after I click on a link or navigate websites. I tried Spectrum’s speed test and Fast.com speed test and both have been showing me a data speed MAX of 48 Mbps on my laptop and 36 on both of my phones using wifi.

Access control for both SSID’s is disabled. I changed channel width from 20 Mhz to 40 Mhz based on an older post in here, but got same results on speed tests.

I have not messed with anything else on the menus so I am hoping that perhaps there is a small detail in one of the menus that I may need to change. I don’t know enough about routers to jump in and simply start changing everything.

My previous router consistently showed in the area of 300 Mbps and I have made no changes to my laptop or phone settings. Seems like something in the router settings.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

support
    Keymaster

It should do better than that without any settings change. As a comparison, can you test your speed through a wired connection when wireless connection is slow?

Justin
    Participant

Ok. I just checked hardwired connection speed with ethernet cable btwn router and laptop. It showed as 290 Mbps on both fast.com and spectrum’s speed check.

Just checked wifi speed on my phone a few min ago and it comes up as 20 Mbps now.

Any chance something could be defective in the wifi side of the router I just got?

support
    Keymaster

@justin Please send email to [email protected]. We need to look into this in more detail. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.