Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Manual update firmware files

Manual update firmware files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kravin
    Participant

I can’t seem to find references to the location of firmware files for manual updates. I’d like to update or at the very least reload the current version of firmware. I’m running Toronto N 1.26 and have many issues. Auto update fails (Failed to retrieve upgrade status…). Web console is extremely slow or stops responding over HTTPS (HTTP is fine). NTP updates never occur regardless of time servers in the list. System settings can only be changed a few times before changes start returning return “Internal server error”. I’ve done a factory reset both through the GUI and physically and have the same issues even before reloading my backup.

Can anyone point me to the location of the firmware files so I can manually reload/upgrade the firmware?

support
    Keymaster

When did you start having these issues? Some problems cannot be corrected by updating new firmware (because the problem is not in the firmware). For example, if NTP does not work, it’s probably the NTP port is blocked by your network.

kravin
    Participant

I noticed them at some point in time after the update to 1.26. Although that has been a while so I cant directly attribute them to the update. There are more issues I’ve neglected to mention (e.g. Bandwidth monitor never reports any data, Calendars work sporadically). The WiFi and most of the parental controls seem to work fine. It is just many of the additional functions and features that are causing me issues. My primary concern at the moment is the lack of the ability to update.

The pcwrt sits between my WiFi network and the cable modem (which is only a modem). There isn’t anything in the path that I would expect to cause issues with NTP or updates. My other devices on the network utilize NTP from internet sources without issues.

support
    Keymaster

If time or time zone is not correct, then calendar cannot work properly. How did you notice that NTP is not working? Also, please send screenshots of “Check for Update” error to [email protected]. We need to understand why it’s not working for you.

imjhoskins
    Participant

I just found this searching for “bandwidth monitor” but this is the same issues, specifically this and firmware updates, I have had since 1.26. Any fix?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by imjhoskins.
    kravin
    Participant

Unfortunately, I never found a fix. The good news is that at some point since I last checked the Auto update must have finally applied an update as my router was on v2.0.3. I was also able to apply v2.0.5 today.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.