My son has a Nintendo 2DS, which is connected to the router. Any Youtube video played on the device starts ok, then stops after 10sec. This happens systematically when the device is in a group that has parental control ON even with all features (safe browsing, disabling numerical IPs) turned OFF. I put it on a group that has parental controls OFF, and it seemed to work at first, then it didn’t. The only way video playback can be restored is by turning off parental controls completely on the router. Any idea what could cause this, how to fix or to investigate?
In theory turning parental control off on a profile should behave the same as when parental control is completely off on the router (for devices in the profile). You can try a simple test scenario first:
1. Enable parental control for router.
2. Delete all profiles except Default (which cannot be deleted).
3. Disable parental control for the Default profile.
4. Select System Default for DNS Servers.
5. Save the changes.
6. Test with the Nintendo 2DS and see if the problem persists.