Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Nintendo Switch complains I have "NAT Type D" and Splatoon 2 multiplayer fails

Nintendo Switch complains I have "NAT Type D" and Splatoon 2 multiplayer fails

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

@thepaintedtiger The update mentioned in this thread has been incorporated in a previous update. Are you running the latest firmware?

Are the kids hosting a game? Or do they have problems even when friends are hosting a game and they are only trying to join?

thepaintedtiger
    Participant

Yes, I have the latest update.

She is playing Stardew Valley co-op multiplayer. She could not join a game hosted by her friend, I don’t think she tried to host one until after I put her computer on a profile without access control. I did try putting her DNS on Google, but that didn’t help, only turning off the access control worked. We can try some things if you have suggestions or need more information.

We haven’t tried Smash Bros since the update, we can try that for you, also.

support
    Keymaster

@thepaintedtiger Thanks for the additional info. We’ll run some tests with Steam and keep you updated.

support
    Keymaster

@thepaintedtiger We’ve identified an issue that might have blocked multiple player games with Access Control enabled. The fix is coming in the next update, expected in a couple of weeks.

thepaintedtiger
    Participant

Great, looking forward to it!

support
    Keymaster

@thepaintedtiger The fix has been released in the last update. Please take it for a spin.

thepaintedtiger
    Participant

We did the update, and I put her computer on access control again without telling her. I’ve heard no complaint over the last week, so I think you got it! Thanks!!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.