Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting No internet when connected to modem

No internet when connected to modem

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Flaxentresses
    Participant

Hello, I just received my pcwrt router and was able to get everything set up through the web gui (devices, SSIDs, VPN client), but when I connect the router to my modem nothing works and the status changes to ‘no internet’. The internet protocol is set to ‘DHCP client’ and the modem is a motorola model that works fine with my existing router, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

I tried plugging the pcwrt router into the lan port of my old router and everything works fine, but that is obviously not an ideal/sustainable set up. I came across a post from someone who seemed to be having a similar issue, but the troubleshooting steps were windows-centric so some of the command line prompts didn’t work on my mac. Can someone please help?

grantw
    Participant

I have the same issue and don’t know what to do….

support
    Keymaster

This problem usually happens when you have a cable modem. Usually cloning the MAC address from your old router helps resolve this issue. On the Internet Settings page, enter the MAC address of your old router into the “Override MAC address” field and click Save.

Alternatively, you may call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and let them know that you have a new router. They can help you to associate your service with the new router.

Susan
    Participant

Still unable to get online. Per suggestions above, I entered the MAC address of my old router, but to no avail. The computer’s network diagnosis shows PASSED: Local Network, FAILED: Name resolution – Can’t resolve DNS and SKIPPED: Internet Connectivity. Am I missing some basic configuration?

support
    Keymaster

@susan Log in to the router admin site. What is displayed on the Status page?

Susan
    Participant

Status: Down Hostname: (my computer) IP: 192.168.10.200 MAC: (Its MAC) Network: LAN Connection: Wired Signal: N/A
    Pcwrt’s orange internet light was on and router was connected to my modem, but router’s WAN port was not blinking.

support
    Keymaster

@susan Please send a screenshot of the Status page to [email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.