Forums

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Pause Button Enhancement – Temp Enable button feature.

Pause Button Enhancement – Temp Enable button feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mbrink44
    Participant

The ability to pause and select between 15 to x number of min/hours.

Add Enable Button to allow temporary internet access if the schedule currently has it not available. When using this temp enable feature, the Admin can choose between unrestricted and some pre defined restricted internet access. Can choose 15-x min/hours before it then defaults back to its schedule.

rthome
    Participant

This would be my most requested feature. Although I’ve set up a schedule for my kids, I often have to disable the filter because we are off our schedule. Something comes up and we need to shift the time when the kids are allowed to access all their sites. We work around this by disabling the parental controls, but often forget to re-enable them. If I could disable the controls for a selectable number of minutes, and the router would re-enable parental controls after that time expires, my life would be easier.

rthome
    Participant

I see you have responded to most feature requests, but not this one. Did you miss it? It seems like one of the easier requests.

support
    Keymaster

Coming soon…in a few weeks.

mbrink44
    Participant

Nice!

support
    Keymaster

This is taking longer than planned, but we are putting several other enhancements in the same update. Need a few more days.

support
    Keymaster

This is now available with version v1.25.

mbrink44
    Participant

thanks! updating firmware now!

mbrink44
    Participant

Ok.. i see the pause button for each individual profile, which is cool and defiantly like it!!!, but is there a button I am not seeing which allows temp access? Say I have my kid’s internet scheduled to be off from 9am to 5pm, but I want to give him temp access for 30 min without having to revamp my calendars and want it to automatically go back to the schedule once the 30 min (or 60, etc) is up…. is there a button for that?

My current work around for this is adding him to an unrestricted (only FamDNS filter enabled) profile then manually adding him back to his profile after 30 min..but that is a PIA..

Thanks,
    Mark

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by mbrink44.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by mbrink44.
    support
    Keymaster

@mbrink44 There is a pause button next to the Calendars label. Click on that, then click the + button next to a calendar to extend time. Calendar restrictions restore to normal after the time extension expires. If calendar restriction is already in place, there might be a 1 minute delay before the time extension is activated.

mbrink44
    Participant

I missed that…. got it.. awesome…thanks.. have to get this kids to test it with me..

mbrink44
    Participant

The feature to temporarily extend calendar time by pressing the Plus button to allow for 15 min intervals is glitchy. I will auto save for the first 15 min successfully, but when pressing multiple times it times out and throws error “failed to retrieve data”. This feature would be much more useful and actually get used if I could either type the amount of min I would like to extend calendar or have a drop down box that would have 15, 30, 45, 60, etc min for me to pick from. Clicking the plus button to add 15 min several times is not working for me. Most times, I want to give the kids 1 to 2 hours…

other option is to not have it auto save until I get to the amount of min i want by clicking the plus button multiple times… then when I get to desired amount, I then click save. This is probably easier, but not as sleek as a drop down with time options or a free cell to add time.

support
    Keymaster

@mbrink44 Thanks for the feedback. We’ll fix that soon.

support
    Keymaster

@mbrink44 The code has been updated so that you can continuously click the +/- button to get the desired amount, then click Save.

mbrink44
    Participant

Awesome.. Thanks!! much easier..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.