Forums

Home Forums Announcements pcWRT firmware v1.21.1 Release Notes

pcWRT firmware v1.21.1 Release Notes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

This is a minor update. Prior to this update, when the Internet is down by calendar schedules, access to the Internet is stopped but DNS lookup is still allowed. This has caused some confusion when people look at OpenDNS logs and see activities past Internet shutdown according to profile Calendars. This update blocks DNS lookup also, making OpenDNS logs consistent with pcWRT calendars.

John Q
    Participant

If you were not aware, I noticed on the patch just before this one, and with this one, on the Status page my section Connected Devices stopped working. it wont list any of my devices that requested an IP. I let it go for awhile because most of my devices have already been setup for parental Control, but with new devices lately I can not name them of find them easily. Do you have information as to why it stopped and maybe when it could be working again? By the way great device, it has worked as needed and each section work very well and reliably . Thank you for your support.

support
    Keymaster

John, thank you very much for the feedback! Since there were no changes for the Status page in the last two updates, the page should not be broken (in theory). You are the first one who reported such problems, so please let us know a bit about your network. I.e., how you connect to the Internet and how the devices are connected to the router.

In the meanwhile, you can add new devices in the Network Settings page: in the “Hostnames and Static Leases” section, click the Add button. In the popup dialog, connected devices should appear under the Name dropdown. You can either identify the device by name or IP address.

You can either use tools provided by the OS to identify the IP address of a device (for example on Windows, open a command line window and enter “ipconfig”), or open a browser on the device and enter http://192.168.10.1/myip.html.

Once you identified the device, save the name by clicking OK in the popup dialog. Then click Save at the bottom of the Network Settings page. After that, you can manage the device in the parental control page.

John Q
    Participant

I can see them in Hostnames and Static Leases but I don’t want to set everything to a static to rename it, I like naming them just for the parental control area. I do have over 20 devices and we always have family and friends over so the are jumping on it also so I wonder if it a device count issue? I will run some more test and maybe even reset it to see if it starts working again and then just restore my backup it that seems to be it. I will let you know if I find anything as to why.

Thanks,
    John

support
    Keymaster

John, thanks for the update. It turns out that the guest network feature might have introduced a bug in the Status page. We are fixing it now and you can expect an update in the next few days. Thanks!

John Q
    Participant

Thank you for news about a new update coming and thanks for the myip.html page, on Amazon Kindles I can not find IP information after their latest updates…weird.

support
    Keymaster

John, Update v1.21.2 is now available. We think we fixed the Status page issue. Please check.

John Q
    Participant

Thank you so much, that did fix it, everything is showing up again and a see a few unknown devices I have not seen before. Time to hunt them down and give them a name.

Thanks,
    John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.