Changes included in this update (v2.5.1):
- Add VLAN tagging option in Network Settings page. With this change, you can connect a VLAN aware Access Point (AP) to the pcWRT and assign VLAN ids to SSIDs on the AP. The pcWRT router will recognize the VLAN ids and put the connected devices on the designated VLANs. We’ll add a blog post to demonstrate this functionality.
- Add support for mDNS. With this change, you can put your Chromecast on the IoT VLAN and cast with an Android phone connected to the LAN (for example).
- Block access to the router login page for devices connected to a VLAN without LAN access.
- Allow port forwarding for VPN connections. For example, if your VPN service supports port forwarding, you can port forward from your VPN service to an internal host.
- Add VPN clients to the Connected Devices list on the Status page (if you’re running a VPN server on the router).
- Various bug fixes.
- Have your configuration backup ready. Create a backup of your current configuration file, if you don’t have one.
- Click the “Check for Updates” button in the System Settings page. Follow the instructions to upgrade.
- After successful upgrade, create a new router settings backup file from the System Settings page and save it in a safe place.