Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Red SYS light at startup and no internet access

Red SYS light at startup and no internet access

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zukyun
    Participant

I just got my pcWRT router and tried to set it up. I followed the instructions and I was able to get to the setup screens, set the router password, change the SSID and set the wifi password. according to the instructions, I should have had internet access at that point. But I did not. I can connect to the router, but no external sites are accessible. In addition to the WLAN and WAN lights being green, I noticed that the SYS light is solid red. Reading through some of the posts here, I tried disconnecting everything from the router and resetting it. Back at factory defaults and with nothing connected, the WLAN light is green and the SYS light is RED. Connecting the cable modem to the LAN port causes the WAN light to go green, but the SYS light stays red. Tried the setup again and still no internet access. Is the unit defective or am I doing something wrong?

zukyun
    Participant

Never mind. I unplugged the cable modem power and then plugged it back in. Once the cable modem restarted, the pcWRT started working properly and I was able to get connected to the Internet. Now I just need to figure out all the parental control features. 😉

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. I was about to reply to you.

Some cable modems remember the old router that was connected to it. When you replace your router, the new one cannot connect to the Internet. Rebooting the modem makes it forget the old router.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.