Forums

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Router slow sometimes – how do I know whether it's the router or the ISP?

Router slow sometimes – how do I know whether it's the router or the ISP?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cjw
    Participant

Sometimes my pcWRT router is very slow. I might just blame the ISP, except that sometimes even just logging into the pcWRT control panel can take 10+ seconds!!

I would like to see something in the pcWRT control panel that tells me the WAN throughput, or at least tells me whether it’s fast or slow.

Running pcWRT TORONTO-AC v1.25

support
    Keymaster

What you described sounds like a WiFi connection problem. Which band are you using? The 5GHz band has higher peak throughput but it doesn’t have as much range as the 2.4GHz band. So you may want to switch to the 2.4GHz band if you are connecting from longer distance. Also, you might want to check the channel used for WiFi, sometimes that has a big impact on performance. Please checkout our blog entry: http://www.pcwrt.com/2017/10/how-to-avoid-bad-wifi-connection-by-changing-the-channel-on-your-router/. Also, sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the WiFi helps resolve the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.