Forums

Home Forums Parental Control Safe search doesn't work at all (Bing or Google)

Safe search doesn't work at all (Bing or Google)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RTRCTRL1
    Participant

Hi all,

I got the router working perfectly (ie.. It issues it’s own ip addresses (Separate from my main network), the computer connected to it can get to the internet, The computer shows up in the pcWRT and has an appropriate address and is added to the profile in pcWRT parental control section. I even got remote management set up by forwarding the port).

Only problem safe surf can still be turned off and on in both Bing and google, even though safe search is checked in both the specific profile and default profile.

I tried blocking https://bing.com and https://www.bing.com, but that didn’t help as the non-secure Bing page is apparently just a redirect. And I really don’t want to create non-secure browsing.

What do I do?

support
    Keymaster

Let’s talk about Google first. Can you give the specific steps used to test Google safe search?

RTRCTRL1
    Participant

I connected my laptop to the router with a a cat-6 cable, made sure it got an ip address from the pcWRT router. Found the laptop in the management software, put it in it’s own group, checked the safe search option saved everything, rebooted router and computer and confirmed all settings. Then I went to Google and Bing. Both sites allowed the end user to turn off safe search from that laptop and receive unfiltered results.

To be specific, at the google site I clicked the safe surf drop down and unchecked filter explicit results and it allowed me to then view unfiltered results.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by RTRCTRL1.
    support
    Keymaster

Can you try the same test with a different device, e.g., another computer, a tablet or a phone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.