Forums

Home Forums Device Setup (printers, IP phones etc.) Setting up Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender Model EX7000

Setting up Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender Model EX7000

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    buffrider
    Participant

Any help that could be provided to enable setup of this range extender would be most appreciated. So far, I haven’t had any success.

support
    Keymaster

What are the problems you’re encountering?

buffrider
    Participant

I am unable to even see the range extender. It worked fine with my previous Netgear router. I even ethernet hardwired to the pcWRT router, but it isn’t listed. Yes, it is switched on. A hard reset did not help.

support
    Keymaster

Were you able to see the pcWRT WiFi from the range extender? Can you connect to the pcWRT WiFi successfully (from the range extender)?

buffrider
    Participant

I really don’t know how the range extender would see the pcWRT router. How would I go about connecting to the router via the range extender?

support
    Keymaster

This is how you connect a range extender to a router:

1. From the range extender user interface, find the router WiFi
    2. Enter the WiFi password for the router to establish a connection from the range extender to the router

Follow the instructions here: https://kb.netgear.com/26079/Install-EX7000-as-a-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender

buffrider
    Participant

Thank you for your assistance. I finally got it working. I had to list the extender as an access point in order for it to connect. It would not connect when I tried listing it as a range extender in the setup. Once connected, I ran through things again to set it up as an extender, and it worked. Also, for some unknown reason (to me) the extender’s IP address is listed as unknown on the status page.

support
    Keymaster

Glad to know you got it working! BTW, if you are putting Access Control on devices, you might want to check if the MAC address changes when connecting from the range extender. If so, you may need to assign the new MAC address the same device name as when the device connects directly to the router. That way, the device will be identified by the same name whether it’s connected directly to the router or connected through the range extender.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.