Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Setup VPN to my pcWRT router

Setup VPN to my pcWRT router

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aobaid
    Participant

I want to connect to my home network using the OpenVPN, I initialized the OpenVPN Server setup in the router then after it finished, I created a user and I downloaded the Configuration file, I downloaded OpenVPN client from the link https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-windows/ and import the configuration file but it did not work, am I missing something?

many thanks in advance!

support
    Keymaster

First thing to check is the external IP address. If you google “my ip address”, the IP address shown in your search results should match the IP address reported under the Internet section of the Status page on the router management console.

And, if you have a dynamic IP address from your ISP (most likely), it’s best to set up a Dynamic DNS and use the domain name instead of IP address to access the server. While your ISP assigned IP address may not change very often, it does change in some situations. And you don’t want to reconfigure your VPN server every time the IP address changes.

Let us know if this is not familiar to you. We’ll create some tutorials to guide users new to VPN.

aobaid
    Participant

If you can create some tutorials about how to setup and connect to OpenVPN (server) in the pcWRT router that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.