Forums

Home Forums Device Setup (printers, IP phones etc.) Signal is not broadcasting

Signal is not broadcasting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I am pretty frustrated. I bought this router for the parental controls however, the signal disappeared shortly after setting it up. I have 2 channels 2.4 and 5, My house is large and didn’t realize that the 5g channel is for a shorter range. The signal kept dropping all day long. Once I figured out that I should connect everything not in the same room to the 2.4g channel, it is no longer broadcasting. My laptop could never find and manually entering didn’t find it either. I have reset everything back to factory settings. Still 2.4 is not broadcasting.

support
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear your troubles, and thanks for contacting us.

After you reset the router, were you able to connect to the router and load the router management pages again? Did it take you back to the initial setup process? If you were able to bring up the router management console but it didn’t take you back to the initial setup process, the the factory reset didn’t take effect. Let us know.

Can you check the WiFi LEDs on the router? Are those turned on?

If you can’t connect by WiFi, you might want to try connecting a computer by wire. Log in the router management console. Try to reset the router again from the System Settings page. Click the “Restore Factory Default” button in the “Backup/Restore Settings” section. After the router reboots, the WiFi LEDs should be on and you should see the “pcwrt” WiFi on your computer.

[email protected]
    Participant

I was able to reset the router and load the router management pages. I reset those back to default also.

All LEDS are lit up except the last 3 that are for the ethernet ports.

I had done that step once but will retry. The “pcwrt” is not available but “pcwrt-5g” is.

[email protected]
    Participant

Reset to Factory defaults again. Again only “pcwrt-5g” is broadcasting. I have checked multiple devices. Help? Return?

support
    Keymaster

Please send a screenshot of the Wireless Settings page and the system backup file to [email protected]. We’ll check for any configuration issues. You can create a system backup file from the System Settings page by clicking the “Backup” button in the Backup/Restore Settings section. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.