Forums

Home Forums Miscellaneous syslog

syslog

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    d.herr
    Participant

Does the pcwrt router support logging all http requests to a syslog server?

support
    Keymaster

@d.herr No it doesn’t.

lihjong
    Participant

Does pcwrt plan to do that?

support
    Keymaster

@lihjong Logging is planned. We’ll provide a UI for users to get insights about visited sites.

lihjong
    Participant

ok how can I get that UI?

support
    Keymaster

It’ll be included in a future firmware update. If you entered your email address in System settings, you’ll receive email notifications when new firmware updates become available.

agrohe21
    Participant

is there any way to enable it via cli and ssh?

support
    Keymaster

No. Currently the router does not log visited sites. The interim solution is to use the reporting tools provided by OpenDNS Home. Granted that OpenDNS reports activities from your home network, but if you configure the router to use OpenDNS for kid’s devices only, then all activities reported by OpenDNS are from kid’s devices.

dnwhiteman
    Participant

I am using the pcwrt with FIOS router as a second router and have given it the SSID and pw of the FIOS router and switched the FIOS router to new SSID and pw. When I was setting it up I updated the firmware to the latest. The router worked fine in this configuration for a day but is now seemingly not working. The SSID is broadcast but even with turning off parental controls, there is no internet access through the pcwrt. Also, I have tried to reset it twice but it continues to broadcast the changed SSID with no internet access. So the reset to factory settings does not seem to have worked.

Seems like something has seriously malfunctioned. I think i need a replacement …

support
    Keymaster

@dnwhiteman Please contact support by email: [email protected]. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.