Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Turn off internet (not just WiFi)?

Turn off internet (not just WiFi)?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    top2mujets
    Participant

I am using the device with a wired ethernet access point. I would like a simple button to turn off all internet traffic that is passing through the pcWRT. The pcWRT has a control to “Turn Off WiFi”. Does this also disable traffic coming out of the LAN port of the pcWRT, or is there another easy way for me to do this?

I know that I can schedule this with the calendar, but I’m asking about the ability to shut it off RIGHT NOW, not a scheduled shutoff.

Thank you!

support
    Keymaster

Currently this functionality is not available. The “Turn off WiFi” function only shuts down the WiFi.

Are you talking about pausing and resuming the Internet with a single button click?

top2mujets
    Participant

Yes. That is a much better way of saying it.

I’m asking about pausing and resuming the Internet with a single button click. (both WiFi and wired via the LAN port on the pcWRT)

support
    Keymaster

Give us a few days and we’ll have that added. Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

@top2mujets This function is added in the latest version v1.21. To update your firmware, go to the System Settings page and click the Check for Updates button.

RichardGV
    Participant

I would like finer-grain control over the pause function. For instance, I would like to easily pause a profile rather than the whole enchilada. Seems like that could be a very useful function. Perhaps a profile could have a play and pause control.

Also, it would be great to have an Android App to easily monitor/tweak/configure the router. 🙂

Remote access to the router configuration would be great as well, but I reckon that would require a server interface (or public IP, which is not possible for us).

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll look into that.

BTW, remote access is being worked on right now, and will be available soon.

CaptainDad
    Participant

I don’t see this button in the demo site, is it still available?

support
    Keymaster

Yes. The demo site wasn’t updated to reflect that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.