Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting VlAN has different IP address range than LAN?

VlAN has different IP address range than LAN?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ronshi
    Participant

Hi
    I have installed a Newifi D2 connected to a cable modem which is in bridge mode. As expected, all my devices on the LAN side have the 192.168.10.xxx range. However the devices on my X3 Vlan have address rings of 10.159.160.xxx. The modem’s default LAN side address is 10.0.0.1 and I can access its configuration web page there.
    I thought my X3 Vlan would show up on the 192.168.xxx.xxx range. Am I misunderstanding the way IP addresses are handed out by the DHCP server on the Newifi? Do I have it configured correctly?

Thanks for your help.
    Ron

ronshi
    Participant

I am also having the problem that when I go into the Settings-Wireless page after a while the passwords I have set for the 2 and 5 Ghz bands keeps changing to the modem login password, which is completely wrong. They are all very separate passwords and need to be. They are all set for WPA2/WPA3 Personal. I am on the latest release of pcwrt on the Newifi D2 modem I just got a week ago.

What is going on here? This is a real headache as sometimes devices won’t connect to the wifi as a result and I have to login to the modem, reset the password, save it, then reconnect the devices.
    Help!

support
    Keymaster

Each VLAN has a different IP address range. LAN has 192.168.x.x, the other VLANs have 10.x.x.x.

The WiFi passwords and the router password are managed separately. Maybe you have a password manager plugin with your browser?

ronshi
    Participant

I do use a password manager, do you mean I should turn it off while configuring pcWRT?

support
    Keymaster

Your password manager might be auto-populating with a wrong password.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.