Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting We can’t find a router…..

We can’t find a router…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steprock
    Participant

What does this mean? I am using the router to post this!
    We can’t find a router associated with your account. If you have a pcWRT router, you can enable cloud management in the Cloud Settings page.

support
    Keymaster

You’re trying to manage the router from the cloud (i.e., remote control the router). This is not enabled by default. Before it’s enabled, our website can’t find your router.

If you wish to use this feature, you need to enable cloud management from the router’s local interface first. You can access the router’s local interface with URL http://192.168.10.1. After logging in, go to the Cloud Settings page to enable it.

bolozinaction
    Participant

saw that message

Probably a good reason for it to appear in that way the user will need to complete the “remote cloud thingy”

Also what port do you have to bind? it’s at 0

support
    Keymaster

The default is to bind to port 0, which means it will bind to a dynamic port. You may choose to bind to a specific port when the pcWRT router is behind another router and you need to set up port forwarding on the other router. BTW, it’s a UDP port.

bolozinaction
    Participant

would be better to change it to TCP from UDP just to be safe?

support
    Keymaster

This port is used for “signaling” only, i.e., to tell the router to download new configuration from the server. UDP is safer because it’s not detectable by port scans.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.