Forums

Home Forums General Configuration What do the status lights mean?

What do the status lights mean?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    labrador
    Participant

Since there is no user’s manual for the router, I am asking here: What do the status lights on top of the router mean?
    My pcWRT router (which says newifi D2 on the bottom) has five status lights on top: 2.4G, 5G, USB, Online (Globe), and Power. I have not paid much attention to the lights until today, but now I would like to know what they mean.

I understand that the USB light will always be off, because your product does not have the USB port enabled.

Earlier today, Internet service in my house was off. Resetting the router and cable modem did not help. Then I checked and learned that Comcast had a service outage. However, now, after Comcast restored service, and our devices all have Internet access via the pcWRT router, the Online (Globe) light is still flashing orange, just as it did when Internet service was out. What does that light mean, according to color and solid/blinking state?

The Power light is solid blue, which makes sense, since power is on. The 2.4G light is blinking blue, which I take to mean that the 2.4-GHz network is on and transmitting data. The 5G light is solid blue—because I have set up a 5G network, but no device is connected to it?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by labrador.
    support
    Keymaster

The LEDs for 2.4G & 5G are on when WiFi is started on the corresponding band. The LED blinks when there’s network activity. Same goes with the Globe (for Internet). It blinks when there’s network activity. It may also blink when WAN down, as the router is trying to get an IP address from the ISP.

labrador
    Participant

Thanks. Does it mean anything that the Globe is always flashing orange, while the other lights are blue? I was thinking the orange color meant something was wrong, but my system is running O.K.

support
    Keymaster

The Globe is always orange.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.