Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Wifi for OpenAccess Connection

Wifi for OpenAccess Connection

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    HDCerberus
    Participant

I have enabled the OpenVPN server. However, while all works well, there seems to be no indication of which VLAN the VPN connects to.

When connected via VPN, am I connected to the LAN, X1, X2, or X3.

When using the client option, I can select a VLAN to enable it for, but the server doesn’t seem to have such options.

support
    Keymaster

When you connect as a VPN user to the VPN server, you have access to all internal networks (LAN, X1, X2, X3, etc) as well as the Internet.

But you can specify a user as a guest. In that case, he can only connect to the Internet, not the internal networks. In an upcoming release we’ll add the option to choose which network(s) a VPN user can have access to.

HDCerberus
    Participant

There is something wrong here then. I have a user using OpenVPN who is not a guest:
    OpenWifi

I’ve got a few VMs running things like Sonarr, and I have the network up with the default config (LAN source can reach LAN destination and so on): . When my phone connects to the Wifi connection labelled as ‘LAN’, I have no issue connecting to Sonarr + the other VMs running similar apps restricted to LAN.

When I move my phone to cellular data only, and connect to the network via the OpenVPN server, I am not able to access devices restricted to the ‘LAN’. I can connect to the OpenVPN Router no issue, but pinging anything on the network *at all* fails.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by HDCerberus.
    support
    Keymaster

What do you see when you ping the router LAN IP?

HDCerberus
    Participant

I get a ping response, and I can easily reach the web page:

support
    Keymaster

The next test would be trying to ping your VMs, with the ping command. Do you get a response?

If not possible to run “ping” from the smartphone, you can use a computer with the smartphone’s WiFi hotspot, run the OpenVPN client on the computer.

HDCerberus
    Participant

No, as I said in my second comment, longing literally anything else fails. The only thing that works is internet.

support
    Keymaster

Can you attach a screenshot of the “ping” command?

HDCerberus
    Participant

I mean, sure. Here’s a screenshot of the failed ping:

support
    Keymaster

What’s your network setup like? Is your LAN network on 192.168.0.x, and the VMs are on the same subnet?

HDCerberus
    Participant

Correct. Router is 192.168.0.1, and I have every other machine running on 192.168.0.X. The one I pinged for example wired to the ‘LAN’ network.

I’ve checked today, and I have no idea why, but it’s suddenly begun to work. I’d preveiuously tried restarting the service, and the router, and the machine running the VMS, and pretty much everything under the sun, but it hadn’t worked. Today it suddenly decided to, I get a response and the network responds as expected…

I have no idea why, but case closed I guess.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.