Forums

Home Forums General Configuration WiFi key is incorrect and cannot be changed

WiFi key is incorrect and cannot be changed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pullmanite
    Participant

I recently did a firmware update to v1.22.2 and since then, my Wifi key has been the same as my pcWRT Admin password. Obviously, I don’t want it to be the same since I want to give my kids the Wifi password but not the Admin password.

When I go to “Settings > Wireless” and try to change the WiFi Security key (encryption is set to “WPA2-PSK” and Cipher is set to “Auto”, I can change the key, press the green Save button, but it does not change. If I hit the plus button on the “Key” field, it shows my Admin password.

What am I missing on this update?

support
    Keymaster

That should not happen. When you upgrade to v1.22.2, all settings should remain intact. In particular, WiFi key should not have changed after the upgrade.

Your browser might be reporting a wrong value because it remembered your Admin password and thought the WiFi key is the same password. To confirm that, please use a different browser (where the Admin password is not remembered) and do the same check.

Pullmanite
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt reply. Looks like you are correct. I opened a different browser and the issue does not persist. Please consider the issue solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.