Forums

Home Forums Device Setup (printers, IP phones etc.) wireless printer on pcwrt; PC wired to main router

wireless printer on pcwrt; PC wired to main router

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dadmin
    Participant

Hi:

I connected pcwrt to a LAN port on my main router (subnet: 192.168.101.xxx), and am using it for all wireless connections (pcwrt subnet: 192.168.102.xxx) including my wireless printer. Main router wireless has been turned off, and I do not have “block literal ip addresses” checked on pcwrt. My PC is wired to my main router and can no longer connect to the wireless printer (PC->main->pcwrt->printer). Please advise how to connect across the subnet in this case.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

You’ll need to set up port forwarding.

Assume that the pcWRT router WAN side IP address is 192.168.101.100. And the printer IP address is: 192.168.102.200, printer port is 9100.

If you haven’t done it already, give the printer a name on the pcWRT router, for example, click the printer hostname on the Status page and name it printer.lan. The hostname should display in blue after you saved a name for the printer.

Next, go to the Network Settings page. In the Port Forwards section, click Add. Enter these values in the popup:
    1. Name: Printer port forward (or anything meaningful)
    2. Protocol: tcp
    3. External Port: 9100
    4. Internal Address: pick the printer (192.168.102.200)
    5. Internal Port: 9100

Click OK, then Save.

On your PC, configure the printer to use the pcWRT router IP address (192.168.101.100) and port 9100.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.