Forums

Home Forums Device Setup (printers, IP phones etc.) XBOX 360 console not showing up under "connected devices"

XBOX 360 console not showing up under "connected devices"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    erikrini
    Participant

I still cannot see my xbox 360 unit under “connected devices” even though it receives an IP address and related info (i.e. gateway address) from DHCP scope. I want to add this host to a different profile under parental controls.

support
    Keymaster

@erikrini Currently the router uses ping to check if a device is connected. Xbox does not answer ping, therefore, it’s not listed in the Connected Devices section. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

In the meanwhile, you can use the Network Settings page to name the Xbox 360. In the “Hostnames and Static Leases” section, click the Add button. In the popup dialog, connected devices should appear under the Name dropdown. You can either identify the Xbox by name or IP address.

Once you identified the device, save the name by clicking OK in the popup dialog. Then click Save at the bottom of the Network Settings page. After that, you can manage the Xbox in the parental control page.

erikrini
    Participant

Thank you that worked after putting in IP and MAC address from XBOX unit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.